Welcome to Ara’s centre for growth and innovation.
Got an innovative idea? Bring it to life with entrepreneurial support, mentorship and resources from Te Ōhaka - a partnership between Ara, Ministry of Awesome and ChristchurchNZ.
Located in the Kahukura building on Moorhouse Avenue at the City campus, Te Ōhaka is wholly dedicated to supporting, nurturing and growing the region’s start-ups and innovators.
Visit the Te Ōhaka website for more information and latest news.
Start-up Incubation Programme
Bring your ideas to Te Ōhaka and get going with the Start-up Incubation Programme. When you undertake the programme, you’ll:
• Receive mentorship from Te Ōhaka’s expert start-up mentors and sector-leading advisors
• Practice your pitch and meet potential investors
• Participate in customised masterclasses and training workshops facilitated by industry-leading experts
• Become part of a community of talented founders who you can exchange ideas and collaborate with
• Have access to a strong talent pipeline from Ara Institute of Canterbury
• Have use of a co-working office space and a ‘fixed’ home where your company will thrive
Te Ōhaka holds many events throughout the year, from breakfast talks on topics such as intellectual property, PR and comms for start-ups and workplace culture to webinars, guest speaker talks and practical lessons for B2B start-ups.
You can check out the calendar here.
Te Ōhaka’s mentors come from all walks of life and business sectors, from successful start-up founders to chief executives, board members and senior government employees.
You can learn about them here.
Te Ōhaka provides access to a range of valuable resources covering areas such as business models, product-market fit, finance, marketing, growth, fundraising and sales.
You can check them out here.
You might also be interested in...
Ara offers two part-time short courses specifically for start-up entrepreneurs: